Grow Your Career. Start Early. Get Ahead.
Career opportunities develop over time—intentionally, as you explore, make connections and get experience.
According to career projections, you’ve picked a good major. Between 2015 and 2020, there will be an estimated 57,900 average annual openings for graduates with bachelor’s or higher degrees in food, agriculture, renewable resources and the environment. (USDA Employment Outlook Report)
We want your Oregon State University degree to take you far beyond college. These resources can help catalyze your professional life.
Get Going With Handshake
Explore employers and jobs, search and apply, make career advisor appointments and register for career events — all in ONE SPOT.
As an Oregon State student, you are automatically given a Handshake profile; all you have to do is fill out your experience and interests and it will recommend jobs for you. Plus, if you make your profile public, employers can contact you directly.
The more you do with Handshake, the more you’ll get out of it.
Finding a Career
Job Search Resources:
- Handshake (Apply for jobs and internships)
- Jobs at Oregon State University (On-campus jobs)
- GoinGlobal (International jobs/internships)
- Federal/USDA Careers
- E.R. Jackman Internship Support Program
- Federal and diversity internships
- Additional job listings
Career Development Resources:
- OSU Career Development Center
- What can I do with my major?
- Career/interest assessments
- Online career seminars and webinars
- Upcoming career events/workshops
- Corvallis Young Pros
For career development questions, contact:
Katie Harvey | Strand Hall 148 | 541-737- 7553 | Katie.Harvey@oregonstate.edu